Wednesday, June 23, 2010

How are the people that make up the electoral college selected.?

I was an elector several years ago. I was so honored, but my candidate didn't win. If my candidate had won, I would have gone to cast my ballot at the state capitol the day after the election. I had to promise I would go if we won......





I was asked by the party leadership of my state.How are the people that make up the electoral college selected.?
They're chosen from among the most devoted supporters of the candidate who wins the state's popular vote. For example, if candidate A wins California in the general election, the electors from California will be chosen from among A's most devoted supporters in California. Usually the candidate or the state party chooses a slate of electors ahead of time that will be sent to the Electoral College if that candidate wins the state. It's considered and honor to be dchosen as an elector, so being chosen as an elector is a reward for loyalty to the party.How are the people that make up the electoral college selected.?
In some states, they're elected during the Presidential election.
I believe the Governor of the state they are from chooses them
They are selected by their party's leadership. Basically they choose those who they are most sure will not vote against their party, so if they get the opportunity, they do not jump ship, because they are not REQUIRED to vote for their own candidate.
POLITICAL CRONISM.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder