Thursday, December 10, 2009

At what age do you think girls should wear make up?

Im almost 15 on july 16. My mom doesn't let me wear make up. Mostly every friend I have wears make up. I don't wanna go behind her back using make up. I could but I just don't want loose her trust. I know it sounds lame. I am going to high school.At what age do you think girls should wear make up?
Whenever they need it. As in bad skin. Eyeshadow and lipgloss around ten or eleven, then eyeliner and heavier stuff at thirteen.At what age do you think girls should wear make up?
I think girls should be able to wear make-up when they hit middle school or atleast starting no later than 13.





I understand maybe not being able to wear make-up at age 12 but at age 15 you most definately should be able wear make-up.





Just tell your mom that you are 15 and the majority of girls your age wear make-up and that for your birthday you would like to go buy some make-up. Tell her you are tired of feeling left out and that you think you should be allowed to.





And then ask her WHY she doesn't let you.


And then for every reason she gives you, give her 2 for why you should.
I think its normal to wear make-up at age 15. I have been wearing it since i was about 13. The bad thing is that sometimes you become dependant on make-up and cant go out without it on. Thats how i feel anyway. I never go out with my friends without make-up on so i suppose its good to be able to go out without make-up on. Are you allowed wear any make-up at all ? You could try to beg your mom to let you wear natural looking make-up.
Girls usually start wearing makeup at around the age 13.





But I'm 14 and I never wear makeup. People say I look better without makeup than with makeup. Do you think you look better with makeup or are you a ';natural beauty(without makeup)?'; Sure you could try makeup but I suggest you listen to your mom and don't wear any.





I honestly find wearing makeup uncomfortable, if I rub my eyes, the makeup smudges. And it takes a lot of work to remove the makeup.
as for like, foundation and concealers, pressed powders...whenever you start breaking out. i know some girls start breaking out reallllly early, like grade 5 or whatever, so they could use tinted moisturizer or something light to just even out the skin tone and to hide redness and just mask the appearance of acne. the older you get the more products you can use, in my opinion, and depending on your skin you might need to use more or less anyway. but always always always once you start breaking out ladies, shower daily and wash your face twice a day (doing it more can dry out your face), moisturize before applying any makeup.





seeing as eye makeup is supposed to enhance your eyes, only start wearing it when you have a homework load that starts to fatigue you. i found that in grade 7 the workload got a lot heavier and i was staying up later to finish it, and the area around my eyes started looking really tired. like i said, fewer products for younger ladies and when you get older you can try different things. i suggest always going to a makeup artist at your local drug store and getting her to choose your shades and show you how to apply them. i would think that the youngest girls could only use just mascara to brighten their eyes, and as you get older, eyeshadow and eyeliner. remember that you don't always need everything, and a quick tip - white eyeliner makes your eyes look like they're open wider and really brightens them, plus it's really subtle.





basically you need to look at yourself and think, do i need the makeup to even out my face and cover my pimples? do i have dark circles around my eyes or general tiredness? then maybe mom and i have to have a talk about getting a little bit of makeup.





i'm going into high school too, by the way:)
As lame as this sounds, I am 16 and never wear makeup . Except for few times when my friend wants to play dress up with me and treat me like her dolls but then I wash it off immediatley.


Maybe before you decide what to do you should try wearing some first at a friend's house or something so you can see whether you want to do that for like the next year lol. Personally I think that make up is too much of a hassle and plus when I try to put it on I just look stupid because I can't get the eyeliner in the proper spot on my eyelid and lip gloss makes my lips stick together. I am super lame don't remind me.


Another downside of wearing makeup is that once you wear it once to school you kinda look funny the next day when you come into school without anything on. Also many guys I know think that girls who wear makeup have serious insecurity issues since they basically have to paint their faces to look ';pretty';.


But since you seem to want to wear make up maybe try to develop common ground with your mom. Agree that you aren't going to cake it on to look like the local prostitute and that yo ujust want a little something because it's what you want. If she still doesn't agree to this you could try starting with something small and working up from there.





As for what age girls should wear make up, I don't think they ever should. I think we look much prettier without anything.


Natural all the way :)
I started at 11, almost 12, and thankfully my mom didn't care!


I'm 16 now, and it would really suck if my mom still didn't let me wear make up. Try and talk with your mom and tell her your side of the story and where you're coming from and if you could start with light make-up.


Definitely refrain from going behind her back because if she finds out, you won't be wearing make-up till you're 18, lol :)
i think 15 is appropriate for light make up. i started wearing make up at 13, but that was a little too soon. and really well done make up is one that brings out your features without showing u r wearing it, that's why u have to be careful of not wearing too much of it. if i were u i would wear foundation or mineral powder, blush, mascara and lip gloss and if u go out somewhere like a party or something i would add eyeshadow and eyeliner, but nothing that's gonna stand out too much.
I think you should be able to wear very light make-up around 12-13.





But by your age I would think you would have already wore it...





I think you should try talking to your mom...nicely.


And explain to her that you don't want to wear it because everyone else is...but because it would make you feel better about yourself.


%26amp;%26amp;tell her you won't over-do it...that you'll make it look natural.





If that doesn't work..


honestly,I would just go ahead and wear it.


Make it look natural and if your planning on wearing eyeliner or anything that your mom can notice..I would put it on when she can't see it.


Practice when your home alone so you don't make it look unnatural.





Hope that helped.





=D
If your mom doesn't let you wear makeup, then don't. Nothing bad is going to happen to you if you don't wear makeup, it actually looks kind of silly when anyone wears a lot of makeup. Just wait a while, you will probably thank your mom later.
i would seriously wait till high school, im 13 tried it ONCE hated it...too much of a hassle -.-' LOL If yor friends were jumping off a bridge because it was ';cool'; or because they got guys would you do it? dumba@$$ think for yourslef its better!





Natalie
wow that sucks


try to talk to her


im sure most of your friends use makeup


try to get them to talk to her too


your 16!!!! thats not young at all!!





many girls start wearing makeup around middle school


i started in 7th grade





and it takes experience to know what your really doing and how to apply it!


show her this question and the resposts
I'd say light makeup can start around 12-13.


By now, you should be allowed to wear at the very least cover up, mascara, eye shadow, and some lip gloss.


(: Talk to your mom, and ask why she doesn't want you wearing makeup.


~Elaina
Im 13 and i just started wearing make up, i would just talk to your mom be like mom i know you dont like it but i wanna wear make up can you let me try it for awhile and we can both decide on what i wear.
when i was probably in 6th grade i started wearing makeup. i used to come home from friends' houses wearing makeup, my dad always yelled at me to take it off, but i just kept doing itt. and eventually he just gave up. and now its an everyday necessity.(:
i wore makeup starting at 13. you should sit down with her and ask her why she won't let you wear it. it's your face and as long as you don't look like a drag queen there is no problem!
high school. You're at a good age to start. Compromise with her. Ask if you can wear just a bit of make up. Maybe a little foundation, concealer (if you need it), mascara, and blush.
I started wearing makeup when I was 15. I think your age is appropriate though. You are going into high school. You should talk to her. I'm sorry I hope this helps. Good Luck! =)
Not 12 for sure...that's just weird. Just tell her you want to start experimenting with makeup, but you want to keep it severely natural and not heavy.
I started wearing make up at 14. I think that 14 is a good age, as long as they keep it natural. Not too much.
14 although I'm 16 almost 17 and don't wear much makeup.
I wore makeup at fourteen.
Psh I wore make up in like, 6th grade. Tell her that It's really not a big deal and that you are growing up.
I wear makeup and im 13!
8th grade
i started wearing make up when i was 12 and in jr. high

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder