Thursday, December 10, 2009

Is it OK to have make-up in you hand luggage?

I'm flying from England to Spain on Thursday and was just wondering if I can take my make-up in my hand luggage. I couldn't the last three times I flew (last August and twice in December) but have the rules changed?Is it OK to have make-up in you hand luggage?
yes the rules have changed, your allowed to carry anything that you can put in one small baggie, it needs to be in the clear baggie if it's on your carryon luggage.





Effective Tuesday September 26, 2006, the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) will modify the total ban on liquids, gels and aerosols as carry-on items. Here are the two changes:





1. Travelers will be allowed to carry on travel-size toiletries (3 ounces or less in volume) that fit comfortably into one quart-size, clear plastic, zip-top bag through security checkpoints.





Check the website of the airline your traveling on, it will be there, here are some links with more precise info.





Have a nice trip!Is it OK to have make-up in you hand luggage?
your most welcome, my hubby travels alot so I keep up with the rules.... He just left again today for a week so I had to pack for him once again. All bathroom liquids go into that bag for carryons Report Abuse

You are only allowed small amounts of liquids, gels, etc in your carry-ons. Each container can't have a capacitys more that 100 ml, so you can't have half empty 200 ml bottle. They must fit in a 20 cm x 20 cm resealable clear plastic bag, not all airports will have these bags so it might be good to bring your own. Don't put this bag in your carry-on when you go through security.
Some types of makeup are ok. If its liquid or gel then you are only allowed to carry it on in 3 oz containers and then you must put all your containers in a plastic bag. If its other stuff like mascara or a foundation stick then its ok. However the rules change a little every where you go. For instance, I just went down to Mexico and had both my toothpaste (it was a paste, NOT a gel) taken away from me (even though I've flown with it multiple times before and been ok), and on the way back security took my deodorant (it was a solid) out of my carry-on. So just use your best judgement and try to minimalize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder