Thursday, December 3, 2009

Can you help me make up a pattern?

For a workshop I'm giving, I'd like the girls to crochet a square while learning all the stitches. I'd like to combine all the squares at the end of the workshop to form a quilt as a memorian. What's the best way to crochet a square/rectangle that uses all the stitches (single, half-double, double and triple) and still look nice? Thank you in advance!Can you help me make up a pattern?
I'm working on granny squares using the stitches you mentioned in one square and it really looks good. I added a row or 2 of single crochet after each row of a stitch to keep the different stitches separate. You can make the squares one color or use different colors for the squares. Hope this was useful.Can you help me make up a pattern?
what i have done in the past for something like this is, start with a single row turn, then do 1 single, 1 half, 1 double, 1 triple, 1 double ,1 half ,1 single and repeat. it looks like a wave pattern then when you turn do the same but in reverse. hope this helps in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder