Thursday, December 10, 2009

I want to be a make-up artists...what make up do you recommend?

I've heard of Ben Nye, are there any other big make-up artist or good products? I want to do bloody grotesque kind of stuff, any suggestoins?I want to be a make-up artists...what make up do you recommend?
First off, I would have a look around online by doing a basic search for ';stage makeup';. You'll get a lot of sites that sell good stage makeup and you will be able to see what kinds of products are available out there.





As far as bloody and grotesque, I'd definately have a look into some good fake blood which you'll be able to find through places that sell any stage makeup. I personally haven't tried Ben Nye's fake blood, but I've heard it is really good as is the rest of their makeup. I have used many fake bloods made by Kryolan though, so that might be a brand to look into as well. The blood can come in a few different forms, too. Big bottles of the runny blood are good for fresh looking heavily bleeding wounds and for use when you want tons of blood and a big messy scene. There are also gels which are thicker and simulate clotted thicker blood. You can also get pastes and gels that will kind of set to a scabby look. Something to consider too is if you want blood to be in/on the mouth nose or eyes. If so, look into makeup that is safe for that area. Kryolan's Universal Special Film Blood is good for nose and mouth and it doesn't taste bad either. One more thing I'll say is if you're just starting out, you might want to just spend a little bit of money and get a kit. If you look at some websites that sell stage makeup, you'll likely come across one of these kits and you can practice making wounds and see what works for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder