Monday, November 30, 2009

Can we claim any extra benefits to make up for the loss of earnings during paternity leave?

Hi there all, I am 26 weeks pregnant and was wondering if anyone knew what benefits my partner and I can claim for when he has his two weeks paternity leave. I am told he won't get his full wages and this will leave us in some trouble financially, if we can't claim anything he will only be able to have a few days off, please help.Can we claim any extra benefits to make up for the loss of earnings during paternity leave?
I took paternity leave earlier this year but only got the basic rate! (拢112.75 or 90 per cent of your average weekly earnings if this is lower), I dont think there is any benefit's that you could claim to boost your income over that time period.





My way around this was to use time in lieu I had owing from working over the xmas period and take the money rather than the time.Can we claim any extra benefits to make up for the loss of earnings during paternity leave?
It depends on where you live some states don't mandate that the father gets any pay at all. Contact your local department of labor and find out exactly what the laws are. If he won't be able to take the full time off find out if there is a friend or relative that can be with you when he can't.
paternity wasnt heard off when i had my 3 children so i coped alone and then went back to my employment inside 16 weeks.





maybe financially more viable if you can manage with just a few days help by your husband and rely on some family instead for the rest of ur help.





i dont have any family so wasnt easy but i managed well. my husband worked away for months on end too and after birth of my 3rd child he left the day before i was due out of hospital to go to work for a long time.





its not easy - and i take my hat off to you if you do it - but managing to cope without the paternity leave and being financially more able to cope as a family might be the better option for you.





good luck x
Depends on what state you live in. If in California, he might be able to claim 6 weeks of Paid Family Leave.
i think hes allowed 2 weeks full pay from his employer,ask personnel
I was i the same boat as you. In the end my partner saved all his holidays instead.





Are you in the UK? If so, when you claim for your Working tax credit next year you have to put in how much you and your partner earned for that tax year, if your his wages are less you may get a very small amount back. You'll also get your Family allowance which is about 拢70 a month.





If your partner's employers pay for sick leave he will probably be better off doing that.
are you UK hunny?? if you are go to your local inland revenue and claim child tax credit and working tax credit. they help us at the moment as only 1 of us is working. i have been very sick with mrsa and cancer so i am still unable to work,as I'm recovering. hope that helps xx
in uk its 2 weeks at 拢112 i believe. Thats it im afraid, tho u should be able to claim working tax credits and a sure start maternity grant. go to local job centre and ask them, they should be able to help

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder