Saturday, November 28, 2009

Howe can I help my mom to make up with my grandma?

I'm 15, and since I can remember the relationship of my mom and her mom is extremely ice. My mom has a strong resentment of her mom. We have a close relationship and last week mom finally told me what happened. When she was 14 she made mistakes, things I know many teens do. Her mom was kinda harsh, though she sincerely apologized and promised she wouldn't repeat thos e mistakes. She told mom she had broken her trust and this devasted mom, that loved my grandma. Mom said for months she did her best to get her mom trust back, but she was forgiven. She got depressed but got over and when she got her mom trust back their relationship was destroyed. I understand mom, my grandma was really cruel and mom asked me ';Imagine if I did that to you?/'; I've made mistakes but nothing that damaged our relationship, but I think I'd get devastated too. Anyway, I like my grandma, for more than 20 years she's been suffering w/ this, I guess she regrets what she did . Is there anyrthing I can do?Howe can I help my mom to make up with my grandma?
Not much you can do. They need to make that decision.


You can tell them both how their falling out is bothering you and beg them to talk about it. If they're ever in the room together, you could just quietly slip out and leave them alone.


Good luck. You have a good heart.Howe can I help my mom to make up with my grandma?
im sorry to tell you but there isnt really anything you can do. if your mother wants to make up with your grandmother then she will. but it has to be up to her.
its good taht your trying to help but i dont think theres really anything you can do.
thats a hard one


first i will say u are TRULY amazing for wanting to fix this








tell BOTH of them you ONLY want one thing for your 16th B day you want them to make up HOW can they say no to that below is something may help





i have to say it again YOU ARE SO AMAZING





goooooooooooooooo luck











I've learned that you cannot make someone love you.





All you can do is be someone who can be loved.





The rest is up to them.





I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people just don't care back.





I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only seconds to destroy it.





I've learned that it's not what you have in your life but who you have in your life that counts


I've learned that you can do something in an instant that will give you heartache for life.


I've learned that it's taking me a long time to become the person I want to be.


I've learned that you should always leave loved ones with loving words.


It may be the last time you see them.





I've learned that you can keep going long after you think you can't.


I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, no matter how we feel.


I've learned that either you control your attitude or it controls you.


I've learned that learning to forgive takes practice.


I've learned that there are people who love you dearly, but just don't know how to show it.


I've learned that just because someone doesn't love you the way you want them to doesn't mean they don't love you with all they have.


I've learned that it isn't always enough to be forgiven by others. Sometimes you have to learn to forgive yourself


I've learned that no matter how bad your heart is broken the world doesn't stop for your grief.
Wow, your so young to be trying to tackle such a big problem. This is between your mom and her mom and there isn't a whole lot you can do. Things my heal with time, but they may never heal. Just continue to love them both and try not to take sides. Good Luck~
It is good that you and your mom can talk about things. You need to speak with your mom and your grandmother and let them know that their relationship is making you feel like you are being stuck in the middle of problems they had years ago. Tell them both that they need to talk it out and let the past be the past bc it is affecting you. They will understand this and it could possibly make them see what they are doing to you bc they cannot let go of the past. Let the past be what it is....the past. There is nothing that can change it, and they both made mistakes and it is past time to let that go. The faster they let it go, the better off everyone involved will be. You learn from your mistakes, and everyone is going to make mistakes, even harsh ones. Ask them to let it go, if not for them, for you. With time, they may be able to forgive and move on....move forward. It is also possible that they could have a wonderful relationship if they both just let it go. No matter what happened, it is still her mother and she will love her, and she is still her daughter and she will still love her, have them build on that. If you cannot talk to each of them and bring them together, print the answers you get from here and give each of them a copy. If they never make amends and one of them dies, how is the other going to feel about that? Make them realize what they are doing to each other, themselves, and more importantly, you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder