Monday, November 30, 2009

Make-up: How do I find my undertone?

How can I tell if I am a - cool - neutral - or - warm - undertone?





Also, I don't want any department store bought make-up. I don鈥檛 know why, but those places are kind of intimidating to me! I only need what I will look good in and nothing else really -- But for anyone who wear鈥檚 or has worn L'Oreal's True Match foundation - do you think it is the best? If you have any other suggestions please tell me, but keep in mind that it has to be a fair price. I鈥檓 on a budget here!Make-up: How do I find my undertone?
Try on a white shirt and an ivory shirt. If the white one looks better then you are cool..if the ivory then you are warm. If both look equally good then you're neutral =)





I have never tried L'Oreal foundation but I swear by Laura Mercier's tinted oil-free moisturizerMake-up: How do I find my undertone?
I would recommend going to the one of the clerks in the make up department for help, that's how I got my foundation.





These are my tips though:


Okay well, you can find out what undertone you are by going to the L'Oreal website, or go to a store and match it with those funny little skin tone things you hold up to your hand. If you have oily skin, look for a foundation that won't clog your pores (I use one that is made up of 50% water so I won't break out. It was around ten dollars) , if you have dry skin, then look for one that won't dry your skin out even more! And if you have regular skin, then you're golden and can pretty much pick which foundation you want.


Also pick one that doesn't smell, because other people can tell.
Ok I have used this. Hold a piece of white paper next to your face. Look in the mirror.


If your skin looks pinkish compared to the paper you are cool.


If your skin looks yellow you are warm


If your skin looks a mix of both you are neutral





Also look at the veins in your wrist, if they look blue to you then you are cool.


If they look blue-green you are neutral


If the look green you are warm





Hope this helps

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder