Saturday, November 28, 2009

What's a good way to organize make-up?

I have tons of products and need a good way to organize them.What's a good way to organize make-up?
There are many choices to buy storage containers for makeup.





Personally I have several bags for different needs.





The things I use everyday I keep in my medicine cabinet and a small bag that it easy to grab and go.


I have a travel bag that will also fit things like my toothbrush and sharpeners, lash curlers and such. Things that I will need for overnite stays.





I have boxes and trays that I keep other things in like one for moisturisers, brushes, sponges and misc. things I do not use everyday. Another for different eyeshadows and lip colors that I might not be using at the moment but want to keep around for future.





Remember to avoid clutter and throw out products that are old or you don't use anymore because they harbor bacteria and as time goes by the bacteria spreads and can cause serious outbreaks or blemishes.





Keep brushes and applicators clean and seperated. Throw out anything broken that will leave powdery messes and makeup that you don't want anymore, either trow it out or if it's still good give it to a friend that might use it. (I give those to my daughter to play with.What's a good way to organize make-up?
definatley first by the type of make up. ex lip stick, blush, eye shadow, gloss, etc.


if you have a lot of makeup its good to get a big makeup box with tons of compartments.


and be sure to keep it neat so its easy to find what your looking for.
I have this bobbi brown train case and I love it!
by color and type, like lipstick next to lipstick and eye shadow by eye shadow and so forth
Go out and buy a fishing-tackle box. It's perfect for keeping make-up organized.
----------------------------------------…











You can make an organizer huge or small, depending upon your own needs.





Small boxes with lids make the best organizers. Don't take the lid off and throw in all your stuff, though. Cut out sections of the lid to fit the shapes of your various cosmetics. The box doesn't necessarily have to have a lid. Use a box that you got in the mail and cut off the flaps. Use a piece of poster board or cardboard to make the box complete.





Stores have wide selections of various decorative boxes that are perfect for this project. You can make a plain box prettier by applying paint, or covering it with paper, adhesive paper, wallpaper or even fabric. If you have the proper tools you can also make the cosmetic organizer from a wooden box.





If you're making a large cosmetic organizer start by making a row of circles to hold brushes. You can make one row for hairbrushes and combs, then another for makeup brushes and pencils. Since brushes are usually the tallest of the cosmetics, or cosmetic implements, place them in the back of the organizer.





Poke holes with a pen or a screw. Cut slits for combs. Larger circles, like for a brush, can be cut with scissors. If the box is too deep for small brushes glue a piece of foam, inside the box, under the small brushes. This will keep them from going all the way inside the box.





Many cosmetics come in compacts: foundation, powders, blushes. Cut slits in the box lid to accommodate the various compacts. Place a piece of foam inside to prevent them from falling all the way down inside the box. If you're using a box that has the flaps cut off attach the foam pieces to a piece of cardboard or poster board and set the organizer on top of it.
i keep the products i use on a daily basis in a basket at the front of my cabinet.....all the other stuff i use occasionally is in another basket in the back of my cabinet
by color
go to walmart. grab a tacklebox. then, head over to crafts and get some of the stickers. you know.. the little flowers, butterflies.. the typical girly stuff. use them to decorate the box, and put all your makeup inside!!
make up bag duh
color, but each in its own genre


lipstix 2gether


eyeshadow together...
use one of those plastic tray thingies with the top on it so you can close it and organize it by what it is like mascara blush etc..
use something that has compartments(like a caboodle) so you can put alleyeshadows in one, lipsticks in another etc.


I have a ton of make-up too and I get little shelves from target that are plastic and they have drawers, one drawer for lipsticks and liners, one for eye makeup one for blushes, foundations, powders and so on
Go buy a makeup case.
Well when you say a lot my makeup comes to mind start by going through it and anything thats old and by old two years on some things though most dont know why youd keep them that long mascara should be replaced every few months however. Once you do that and if its downsized either leave out or put the makeup you use on a daily basis to work or wherever aside then if you still have a lot of products I have a rolling makeup organizer ( I used to sell avon ) that I keep jewelry and makeup I hardly use in and for other things I use to go out or mix things up I have a makeup bag thats organized into sections that are labeled ( it came that way ) and depending on you sort by color or whatever though I find putting the genre's together such as lipsticks,glosses, liners, plumpers all in one section for lips, for eyes eye liners, mascaras, shadows etc... and it makes it much easier to find less cluttered and all in one place which can be zipped up and thrown in a suitcase for a random trip
Besides the lip gloss in my purse, the rest is in a paper bag under the bathroom sink. I hardly ever use it. I consider it organized b/c I know where it is. This is no help to you is it? Listen to someone else.
Put it all in a pillow case and beat it on the sidewalk.
You will think i'm joking, but i'm serious as a heart attack...Buy a tackle box! They come in all different colors now %26amp; can look really neat!! They work perfectly.
The way i orginize mine is by type so i put lip-stick in one place, lip-gloss next to the lip-spik , eyeshawdow next to the blush and if i have like giltter i put that imbetween them all!! It works for me and im usualy shining.....%26lt;3
I know I have accumulated waaay too much makeup and so I got a few clear plastic shoebox sized boxes. In one box I put lipsticks, glosses, etc. In another box was blushes and face powders, in another box was eyeshadows, liners and mascaras. Then I just tucked the plastic bins under the sink. If under your sink is not big enough you could put them in the linen closet or even in your clothes closet.
if you had an old silverware plastic tray, you could use this to quickly keep your stuff from mixing up in the drawer.
I always seperate mine by color and product like darker eyeshadows in one pile and pinker blushes in another it could help.
Figure out which ones you use most often. Put those in your ';everyday'; section. Put the ';night'; or ';special occasion'; ones in another section. Toss the rest!
organize them into types and put them in ziploc bags and then put them in a makeup bag, or get one of those professional make up trays.
Put all your makeup where u can see it and you feel comftrable (I put my stuff by a mirror) sort it by the type of make up like lipgloss and then sort that by color. It helps me.
any way
get all eye make-up in one section all lip stuff in one section ect...
by product eyeshadow, lipstick ,etc

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
skin disorder